Stylists that swear by Marilyn Brush know the proper way to get results, and we've made it even easier with these simple steps:
- Twist hair up into a bun with a hair clip leaving a perimeter of approx. 2 in all around
- Get your blow dryer and select Marilyn Brushes ready for easy access
- Position the blow dryer perpendicular to the brush following the hairline
- Select small sections that fit comfortably within the bristle area of the brush and comb through eliminating any potential tangles
- Place the section on the bristle area of the brush and allow it to fall freely. Place the brush at an angle to create tension, then slowly turn brush ¼ and pull with the nozzle following the brush. If you have to do this more than twice, the hair is too wet.
- In order to avoid markings or excess volume, make sure the brush flows downward when pulling the hair. This will guarantee a more natural look, especially around the face.
- Finish with one of the Marilyn New Yorker finishing brushes. This will assure you get a shiny finish on the hair. Marilyn Brush will help close the cuticle and protect the hair from humidity
- Once you have finished, apply your preferred setting product. You can always retouch with your favorite brush
Want to Learn More?
An exclusive team of certified Marilyn Brush Educators is available to teach your salon employees the proper brushing and styling techniques. A session with our Educators will provide you and your team with hands-on training led by trained professionals who will show you how to:
- Educate and sell to your staff and patrons
- Maximize the use of your Marilyn brushes through styling techniques
- Master the secret of the Marilyn® "¼ turn method"
These techniques are only available via our certified Marilyn Educators.
Book your session today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org!